Debono Group is a long-established multifaceted group of companies whose primary aim is to achieve business growth through innovation. The company is well renowned in the market for Michael Debono Limited, importer of Toyota in Malta and Storage Systems Limited. More recently, the company has turned its attention to the development of shared transportation solutions.
In a short time, it has managed to launch Malta’s first Car Sharing operation and Malta’s first ever ride pooling provider with Cool Ride Pooling. Debono Group aims to continue growing by focusing on improving mobility as a service in the local market.
- Review, draft and advise on commercial and other contracts and agreements and assist with contractual negotiations
- Ensure that contractual obligations are implemented and observed
- Advise and support the Group on legal aspects in a wide variety of fields, such as consumer affairs, employment, data protection, governance, regulation, intellectual property and technology
- Lead or participate in legal litigation or proceedings
- Review, draft and advise on internal policies, procedures, best practices and other arrangements
- Monitor to ensure that policies, procedures, best practices and other arrangements are followed by all employees
- Identify legal issues, analyse legal risks and assist in the design and implementation of solutions
- Engage and liaise with external advisors, regulatory bodies and other third parties where necessary
- Keep abreast with legal and regulatory developments and update the Group accordingly
- Assist with internal and external governance procedures and meetings as necessary
- Contribute to continued quality enhancement within the Group through knowledge sharing, guidance, advice and training of colleagues
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required under the direction of the Head of Compliance and Risk Management
- Doctorate of Laws or a comparable legal degree and have a Warrant to practice law in Malta
- At least 2 years cumulative legal practice full-time experience in a law firm, as in-house counsel or as a commercial lawyer
- Practical experience in corporate and commercial law, employment and or data protection laws considered an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Maltese
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and with different teams
- Analytical, detail-oriented and structured in approach
- Practical and commercially savvy
- Able to perform under pressure and to work in a complex and changing business environment.
What we Offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Continuous development and mentoring
- Flexible working arrangement
- Health insurance
- Employee referral scheme
- Weekly breakfast
- Monthly treats
- Employee discounts
The Position is offered on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to send their CV to [email protected] or register by clicking below.
Apply for job