Debono Group is a long-established multifaceted group of companies whose primary aim is to achieve business growth through innovation. The company is well renowned in the market for Michael Debono Limited, importer of Toyota in Malta and Storage Systems Limited. More recently, the company has turned its attention to the development of shared transportation solutions.
In a short time, it has managed to launch Malta’s first Car Sharing operation and Malta’s first ever ride pooling provider with Cool Ride Pooling. Debono Group aims to continue growing by focusing on improving mobility as a service in the local market.
The company is looking to recruit a Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The person must have a strong set of hard skills – technical and analytical competence – and soft skills, such as strategic communication, commercial, interpersonal, and managerial competence. In this position you would be expected to support the business and for which your knowledge and experience in the industry or similar type of business (B2C) is critically important.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Accounting: Managing the accounting and administration department
- Budget Control: Producing investment and operational budgets at regular intervals for efficient decision-making
- Management Control (Measurement): Establishing a dashboard with key performance indicators for business monitoring and decision making
- Treasury: Managing working capital (liquidity, collections and payments, short-term debts)
- IT: Contributing to the design and promotion of computerized management systems
- Relationship with banks: Managing and using financial resources to achieve the Company’s general objectives, optimising performance by negotiating terms with banks and financial institutions
- Evaluating and reporting on investment and finance options, with clear criteria
- Close collaboration with the Human Resources and Information Systems departments
- Participating in the establishment and amendment of company policies and procedures
- Optimising organization, production planning and services in general, including administrative and control rules where relevant
- Participating in the general management of the company as an EXCO Member
- Investment Analysis
- Sustaining relationships with analysts and investors
- Sell the company attributes to key stakeholders such as auditors, consultants and employees
- Identification, analysis and valuation of growth alternatives through acquisitions.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a similar role
- CPA or ACCA Qualified
- Management of teams of 10+ people in finance
- Passionate and driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and good with handling large portions of data
- Experience in business planning, budgeting and financial controlling
- Skilled in financial modelling
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
What we Offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Continuous development and mentoring
- Flexible working arrangement
- Health insurance
- Employee referral scheme
- Weekly breakfast
- Monthly treats
- Employee discounts
The Position is offered on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday.
Apply for job