What is COOL? COOL forms part of Debono Group, the sole representative of Toyota Motor Corporation in Malta.
COOL is the first on-demand ride-pooling service in Malta, offering passengers the chance to share their ride with fellow travellers heading in the same direction. This saves time in pickups and drop-offs, ensuring that trip times are comparable to those of standard cabs, even when sharing with multiple passengers.
The company is looking to recruit a Financial Controller at COOL.
- Prepare the monthly management statements on time to allow the review of the company’s financial performance
- Actively lead the preparation of the yearly budget and regular forecasts together with other Department Heads and Head of Business Finance
- Prepare cash flow and any other reports as may be required by the CFO and/or Management from time to time
- Work with other Departments and Head of Business Finance to prepare and interpret financial information relative to upcoming and existing projects or business opportunities
- Uphold the internal and financial control environment of the Company
- Be the first line of contact of the external auditors to ensure a prompt and accurate preparation of the statutory audit
- Support Finance officers in the daily monitoring of cash settlements and accounts receivables as necessary
- Ensure the timely monitoring of debtors, credit control and effective reporting to the Group CFO, and Management as required
- Supervise and monitor the work of Finance officers in line with Group policies and procedures, accounting standards and fiscal requirements
- Propose, draft and execute policies and procedures to administer the Finance Department and financial areas within the company in collaboration with the CFO
- Actively look for and propose improvements to the manual and electronic processes utilised in the Finance Department to carry out day-to-day activities
- Manage, lead and motivate the members of the Finance Department on a continuous basis in line with the culture of the Group
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Group CFO
- At least three (3) years experience in a senior accounting role
- Familiar with Microsoft desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- A clean police conduct
- Well versed with the use of IT Systems
- ACCA or recognized degree in Accounting MQF Level 6
- Team player with a proactive approach to work
What We Offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Continuous development and mentoring
- Flexible working arrangement
- Health insurance
- Employee referral scheme
- Weekly breakfast
- Monthly treats
- Employee discounts
The Position is offered on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday.
Apply for job